Monday, February 11, 2008

Word to the blogasaurus

This is going to be disorganized, I can feel it already. Bare with me.

Just throwing a few things out there: I don't think anyone mentioned the fact that your same sex marriage in Canada for example, must now be recognized in da BIG APPLE state. Word.

Also, across the ocean, Evis you know more than I do, but as far as I understand higher education in Turkey has now (officially) banned the head scarf law. This law prohibited women who wear the head veil for attending higher education institutions. Article in the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/08/opinion/08feldman.html?ref=todayspaper

This is an article (espaƱol, but worth it) from this outspoken gay man. My friend told me here was at Georgetown last semester as a visiting fellow in the Spanish department.
http://www.correoperu.com.pe/paginas_columna.php?columna_autor=Jaime%20Bayly&seccion_nota=8
I don't know that much about what his deal is, but at least this article was interesting. Its about a man and woman, once in love, seem to have fallen out of love (or rather he cheated on her) and only now, later on does he realize how much he loves her. Not in the wife-way but as a "sister" or "best friend". The sad part of the article is that she does all these spectacular things for him because she knows him so well. I wonder...would it possible to see where is the line beyond which women do "wonderful things" because they enjoy the pain (i.e. they do wonderful things knowing their love is unreturned but continue doing wonderful things because it makes their "person" happy). I guess I don't truly believe that this woman did all these wonderful things because she was being masachistic (spelling?) but just because she recognized the un-reparable nature of their relation but she isn't about to make it unbearable for the both of them.

Another post on the idea of unreparable relationships but making them bearable. Is it "okay"?

No comments: