Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Hillary Tyra Show

I have a big problem with Tyra Banks. I think her show is total crap and just another way for her to showcase herself. And don't even get me started on America's Next Top Model. (Like the "plus-sized" models ever have a real chance. Size 4 is plus-sized?!) But my heart broke a little when I read this article. Why Hillary?! WHY!?!
I understand that she is trying to connect with her public and is trying to rally the troops (aka the women), but this "interview" was nothing short of internalized sexism. I mean seriously Tyra:

In a variation on the theme, Ms. Banks also asked Mrs. Clinton to weigh in on which existing reality show she would like to compete on (as if the contest for the White House is not enough of a media spectacle), asking her to choose among “America’s Next Top Model,” “Dancing with the Stars” and “American Idol.”

That's what you're going to ask one of the most important people in contemporary American society? ARGH.
The end of that article is perfect though:
Be sure to tune in to “The Tyra Banks Show” this week for “The Dangers of the Hook-Up” (today); “Sex SOS: Can My Sex Problem Be Solved” (1/16); “5 Ways to Get Over Being Dumped” (1/17); and “Hillary Clinton” (1/18).

Way to branch out Tyra.

No comments: